In Search of Adventure

I used to be extremely anti-traveling. I just didn't see the appeal of it. Well, truthfully, I was just terrified of change. The thought of going to some far off land for a few weeks or months was not something I cared for. Now, my Facebook feed is constantly filled with people posting pictures from their adventures not only all over the US, but all over the world. When I think of traveling for long periods of time, I get that uncomfortable pang in my stomach that reminds me of how scary that is. Then I remember how I look at the pictures people constantly post and how this great sense of wanderlust overwhelms me and that adventure and change can be good.

I've never really traveled far from Fort Worth. I still live in the same house I grew up in, my parents live here, I went to college 15 minutes down the road, and I never venture too far away. Sure, I've been to Chicago twice, Disney World once, and India once (but I don't count that since I was one and don't remember any of it), but it wasn't a big change or a big deal.

I'm so proud of my best friend, Chelsea, for deciding to move to France to become an au pair (you can check out her blog here). She started looking into it right after college and before the end of the summer, she was hopping aboard a flight to France with a one-way ticket in her hand. That takes guts. I know that I could never do it, but I think it's amazing that she did and I'm so envious of all the things she's getting to experience there! But, I have to say, I'm also ready for her to come back home for a little bit so I can spend some time with my childhood best friend. I miss her like crazy!

The path I want to take regarding my photography is being a tour photographer. Getting to work with a singer/band as their photographer on tour would mean being able to travel so much in a short amount of time. You get to see a lot and experience a lot of new things without having to plan a lot of things. Sometimes, the little places you visit along the way on tour are spontaneous little adventures that mean the most. I just want to take pictures on my travels, show the world my life through my photography, and prove to myself that change isn't so scary. Change is a time for me to grow, develop, and learn about the world. Plus, you never know what mischief, heart-warming moments, and love you'll find along the way.

So I guess this is me announcing to the universe that I'm ready for some adventure... Wherever it may take me.



0 comments:

Post a Comment